While my tap and box system has served me well for the past year, this past weekend it became a problem. You see, one of the staples of my box and tap system I concocted (thanks to Ben), was that I would be using space near my sum pump that was otherwise useless.
Now the problem occurred when this weekend my sum pump became disconnected from the PVC pipe that takes the water out of the basement. What made matters worse was that we were in the midst of a CNY heatwave and there was a lot of snow melting. So I spent a few hours on Saturday night taking my whole sup pump setup apart and putting it back together tight enough so that it worked.
Now because my system is set up in the corner, over the sum pump, it was a HUGE problem to get at my ailing pump. This caused me to take a few moments and asses how I can make this process a little easier while still providing myself with cold beer.
I’ve devised a plan that I am going to be “rolling” out in the next few days. I made some preliminary measurements last night and I think that with a few cuts, some wheels and some slight adjustments, I can make my “tap and box” mobile and more contained. More to come on this…