I made a decision about the wit and went with banana extract. Initially I had visions of using real banana and doing some cool stuff, but with the holidays I was really distracted and just added some extract into the secondary. I added 1 fl oz of extract to 5 gallons of beer. The extract was a little pungent in the bottle, but it blended well with the Belgian yeast.
The name Space Monkey Wit came to me a while back because of the banana in the brew, but last night’s episode of Mythbusters where they busted all the myths about a hoax moon landing sealed the deal. It’s just about ready to tap, I put one of the bottles in the fridge so I think I am going to give it a test run later tonight.