Since there is a plague in Mexico, no vacation for me. In light of that, I’m going to continue to work on my hops trellis. Last night I cut two twelve foot 1×6’s into six four foot pieces. On each piece I cut a 10″ angle from the end that left a small 2″ piece.
I’ve decided to make some changes on my design and I am going to be doing something like this:
Mine will be a little wider – 4′ – and have three posts, but the idea is the same. As I was looking around at how best to build one of these, I was really last as to the best way to make it look nice and have it tall enough to allow the hops enough room to grow. This is nice because when it’s all built, the whole thing should be near 8 ft tall and 4ft wide so that the hops can grow up and over it. Plus it should look really nice too.
Next up I am going to mount the cross beams onto the posts. That will hopefully be tonight (weather permitting anyway).