Over the past few weeks I have been working on following the “Pumped up Toolbox” project from BYO where author Ryan Locakard (follow him on Twitter @Ryan_PA) makes his pump a convenient carrying case for brewing odds and ends while also making it more mobile. I found this project after I had been thinking about introducing a pump into my brew process for a while. This project came along at the right time as Nick is no longer brewing and Bryan is in the woods for the next few weeks controlling the deer population so I’ve been hoisting my mash tun on my own for a while and it sucks.
Over all, I would say this project came out to about $220 give or take some money. The large expenses were the pump, the shock buster outlet adapter (to keep from electrocuting myself) , and the quick release valves which will allow me to easily change the pump from sparge water to circulating my water for the chiller.
Below is a video I made about the project. The pump is working and the project was really easy. It should be a handy addition to my brew process and save me from another hernia operation: