Just like last year, I decided to do a harvest ale using the wet hops from my garden. I was first introduced to this concept by the Sierra Nevada harvest ale and was a big fan. The fresh hops give a totally different flavor profile and having my own hops vines helps as far as getting them in a timely fashion. Last year I took part of my harvest for this brew and dried the rest, but this year, the Japanese Beetles really decimated my crop so took what I would salvage and made another harvest ale. This might be a regular in the rotation.
Now this one I was low on time so I did a partial mash. I used 6.6lbs of light LME and 4lbs of UK 2-row. Simple enough base. Then it was just plenty of Cascade to get some IBU’s in there and the rest was just a matter of adding the wet hops at flame out to ensue the flavors and aroma are maximized.
I pitched this to the yeast cake from the pumpkin ale so that was easy enough. All my targets were hit and the brew seems to be all good.